Sunday, June 22, 2014

Acoustic Guitar Refurbish - Part 4 Final

After all the time and pictures, the guitar is bust and isn't playable.

I was able to get the neck attached and into a good shape.  Some wood glue and pressure was all I needed for it to span well.  I brought it down to the local music store to get some strings and tell them about my project.



On Saturday, the store had a promotion where with the purchase of a set of strings, a free setup was performed on the guitar.  On the first string, once it got up to tension the key snapped off.  Another key started to crack and spun uselessly.


So for a good few weeks, I found an old guitar which may have been able to be worked into something usable, but ultimately, not.  It was fun working to get the straight shape back in the guitar, and I learned a bit about the make up of a guitar.



I was suggested to make a percussive instrument out of it.  That would be neat, and it would be another use for it, but for now it's just clutter and junk.

Thanks for following along with me!  As usual, comments are welcome.  :)

1 comment:

  1. That sucks but if you're still interested in learning guitar you might be able to pick up a nylon stringed one for cheap and they sound really good.

    ReplyDelete